Supported use cases
Below is the list of supported use cases:
- VMs communication in the same tenant on the same network.
- VMs communication in the same tenant on different networks.
- VMs communication in the different tenant on the same network.
- VMs communication in the different tenant using floating IP.
- DMZ network structure within a single tenant.
- Communication to the internet from tenant VM.
- Communication to a VM from internet.
- Duplicated subnets (same IP subnet but different VLAN IDs) from different tenants.
- VMs communication via different floating IP subnet
Currently, Neutron doesn't support the following features:
- Multiple subnets per network
- Each subnet cannot be attached to multiple routers at the same time
- Attach external network as internal router interface
- User can only creating a secondary floating IP subnet after he/she attaches the external network to a router